Living Space and Beyond
As space exploration evolves into long-term, long-distance space travel, the importance of how environmental factors impact human health and well-being is more important than ever. Let’s Talk Science has developed the Living Space action project to coincide with Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques’ upcoming mission to the International Space Station (ISS) to address this question. The project integrates science and coding in a unique and engaging way in the classroom while also bringing the topic of space down to earth.
This workshop was developed to support educators who want to integrate the Living Space action project into their classroom. In this workshop participants will:
- Explore the online learning resources for the Living Space project;
- Create an interactive online model with Scratch;
- Gain an understanding of how environmental conditions influence mental and physical health;
- Learn how to use sensors to obtain data and compare the collected data to other participating classrooms across the country and to the ISS;
- Develop confidence incorporating computational thinking, as well as digital and coding skills into the classroom.